Christine Umayam of
Have you ever had an experience that changes your entire outlook on life?
Ever question your career choices or feel called to do something bigger than yourself?
On this episode, I had the pleasure of chatting with Christine Umayam of the non profit organization Child United.
Christine started the organization in 2007 after taking a family trip to the Philippines which drastically altered the course of her life, as well as the lives of thousands of children around the world.
Listen in to her extraordinary story and the many wonderful take aways that she’s learned along the way in building not just a sustainable business, but making her dream of helping out children around the world a reality.
What you can expect to learn:
- How traveling can be vital to finding you passion
- How long should you wait before quitting your job to start your dream business
- What essentials you can put into place to keep your spirits lifted on those low days
- Should you go back to work after starting your business?
- What you should carry around with you at all times, no matter what!
- What to do when you feel as if nobody else cares about the thing you started
- Ways you can help educated children in the Philippines
- If you have plans to start a business or to make a shift in your life that has been nagging you for a long time, take action IMMEDIATELY and don’t let another day go by!
- Finding a reason bigger than yourself is the ultimate motivation to keep pushing forward to make your dreams a reality
- Feeling like you want to quit is normal and is bound to happen no matter what you do. Have a support system of friends and/or family around to help remind you that its normal and that there will be another day…hopefully a better day 🙂
- Momentum is key. Once Christine quit her job, she got the ball rolling right away on Child United. She’s kept the momentum up since!
- Meet as many experienced people as you can and learn as much as you can from them
- The moment you think its not worth doing is usually a sign that you’re about to hit the tipping point.
- What Christine does to lift her spirit:
- Reach out to friends and family to share what she’s experiencing.
- Carries a journal book with her to write out her intentions. Whenever a negative thought comes up, she writes it down and turns it into a positive one.
- Traveling helps to keep you grounded and reminds you of the differences in how we live here in America from other countries.
The One Thing:
Keep a journal to write in daily and take it with you wherever you go!