John Lee Dumas of
Entrepreneur On Fire
What does it take to make over $200,000 USD every month?
John will tell you. It’s a matter of F.O.C.U.S!
But there is so much more to it than that, and in this interview, I have a blast asking him all the question I’ve always wanted to know.
If you’ve followed John Lee Dumas before, you know that he is known for having a top ranked podcast called Entrepreneur On Fire and is the founder of Podcaster’s Paradise which is a community where Podcasters can create, grow, and monetize their podcast.
The road to his success was not a straight one. In this episode I ask him all about his past time in the military, his time in law school, and where and how his mindset shifted to one of abundance, value, and success.
What you can expect to learn:
- The three step formula to building a successful podcast that makes money.
- What the military teaches that can be applied to your life and business
- What does the acronym F.O.C.U.S stand for?
- How to prime yourself to have an “AHA” moment
- What you can do to prepare yourself for laser sharp focus
- John reminded himself of what was most important daily with the quote he hung up from Albert Einstein “Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value”
- He started thinking differently after reading the book, Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. Defintiely worth reading.
- “When you’re finding yourself struggling, hitting against a wall and being scared, you should remember that other people are quitting at that point.
- He avoided other opportunities as he was growing Entrepreneur on Fire
- Keep trying things. John did corporate finance, worked in a start up, did residential real estate, commercial real estate, tried going to law school, all before finally deciding on hiring Jamie Tardy as a mentor.
The One Thing:
Start reading The Compound Effect!